Phillips 66® X/C Aviation Hydraulic Fluids are mineral oil-based, high viscosity index, ashless (zinc-free) antiwear hydraulic fluids designed to meet the severe demands of aerospace and industrial applications. They have excellent oxidation resistance and outstanding low-temperature properties for use over a wide temperature range. They provide excellent wear protection for hydraulic pumps and motors, protect hydraulic system components against rust and corrosion, and are resistant to excessive foam buildup that can cause poor or sluggish hydraulic system response.
Features & Benefits
- Very high viscosity index for use over a wide temperature range
- Outstanding low-temperature properties
- Excellent wear protection
- Resists deposit formation and viscosity increase due to oxidation
- Protects against rust and corrosion
- Good foam resistance
- Does not contain zinc or other heavy metals
X/C Aviation Hydraulic Fluids are recommended for use in non-pressurized systems operating between –54°C and 90°C (-65°F to 194°F), and in pressurized systems operating between –54°C and 135°C (-65°F to 275°F) at pressures up to 3,000 psi.(1)
Typical applications include:
- Aircraft and missile control systems, autopilots and shock absorbers
- Auto wreckers, boom trucks and electrical service equipment (cherry pickers) where all-weather performance is required
- Industrial robotics
- Hydraulic systems that require a “super clean” fluid for extended service life and reliability (X/C 5606H)
Note: Do not use these fluids in hydraulic systems with natural rubber elastomers.