AeroShell Fluid 41 is a mineral hydraulic oil manufactured to a very high level of cleanliness — "superclean" — and offers improved fluid properties. AeroShell Fluid 41 contains additives that provide excellent low temperature fluidity as well as exceptional anti-wear, oxidation/corrosion inhibition and sheer stability. Metal deactivators and foam inhibitors are included in this high viscosity index fluid to enhance performance in hydraulic applications. AeroShell Fluid 41 is dyed red.
AeroShell Fluid 41 is capable of a wide temperature range operation.
Useful operation temperature range unpressurized: -54° C to 90° C
Useful operation temperature range pressurized: -54° C to 135° C
- Intended as a hydraulic fluid in all modern aircraft applications requiring a mineral hydraulic fluid
- Should be used in systems with synthetic rubber components and incorporating natural rubber
- Compatible with AeroShell fluids 4, 31, 51, 61 and 71 and SSF/LGF
- Chlorinated solvents should not be use for cleaning hydraulic components which use AeroShell Fluid 41. The residual solvent contaminates the hydraulic fluid and may lead to corrosion.
- U.S.: Approved MIL-PRF-5606H
- British: Approved DEF STAN 91-48 Grade Superclean* (European production only) | Meets DEF STAN 91-48 Grade Normal (European production only) | Equivalent to DEF STAN 91-48 Grades Superclean* & Normal
- French: Approved DCSEA 415/A
- Russian: Analogue to AMG-10
- NATO Code: H-515* (equivalent H-520)
- Joint Service Designation: OM15* (equivalent OM-18)