Ahhh, SIMPLICITY... like the hard flight cases airline pilots use. There's no maze of compartments, just efficient, sensible storage. Maybe that's why a major US airline flight training academy chose Bag1 as standard issue for their students.
We call it a Cockpit Bag, designed by AEROPhoenix to be simple, practical, and cockpit friendly. Perhaps its ease of use is a Brighter idea. Enjoy the simplicity of well thought out storage, just right for most pilots.
No fluff, just stuff features:
- One of the two zippered end pockets for headsets has a webbed (easily pushed aside) divider to use instead for say a water bottle and transceiver. Additionally, an outside, elastic netted pouch offers even more carrying flexibility.
- The full-width long-side pockets are each velcroed rather than zippered, which is ideal for quick, easy opening when the bag is at far reach.
- An outer long side flapped pocket houses "full-height" easy-use holders for pens, pencils, or small flashlight, as well as a zippered valuables pouch.
- Without bulky wide-side compartments, this compact, yet surprisingly large capacity bag, conveniently fits between cockpit seats.
- A single inside, webbed divider offers organizational flexibility, without the complexity of multiple dividers, nor the awkwardness of velcroed ones. If not needed, it instantly lays flat against the inside wall.
- The bag is tall enough to hold the largest of common aviation text books, and wide enough to fit a long tri-fold knee board or standard plotter in the outside pouches.
- A deluxe padded shoulder strap, carabiner with strap and key ring are included.
- Made of 1000 denier nylon, with removable, rigid inside bottom piece, and outside bottom protective "feet."
- The main compartment measures 12.5"L x 7"W x 10.5"H, plus 2 full height and width zippered end pockets, 3" each.
*NOTE: Logbook, Foggles, Flashlight and Pens not included.