Patented digital ANR technology provides the most noise protection available today!
No other headset can match the Stratus 50 Digital for hearing protection. That's because only the Stratus 50 Digital features SmartSense, a patented active noise reduction technology based on digital signal processing (DSP), to produce an incredible 50 dB of total noise protection!
The world's only 'smart' headset
SmartSense DSP technology targets low frequency and tonal noise that conventional ANR can't block. These are the frequencies that cause the most hearing damage. SmartSense continuously samples the cockpit, then learns and adjusts the headset to the unique noise signature of your aircraft. No other headset eliminates more damaging noise than the Stratus 50 Digital.
The Stratus 50 Digital also offers a powerful combination of comfort, convenience and performance features.
Create a comfortable, customized fit
Telex's patented ComfortCam system allows you to fine tune headband tension to eliminate clamping. Comfort is enhanced by a unique headband construction that distributes weight evenly for a perfect fit, plus thick foam headband pads and newly redesigned, more comfortable ear cushions.
Telex's smart headset just got smarter
Ear cup speakers and an electret microphone help eliminate incidental noise and a new, high-efficiency boom microphone helps conserve battery power. The Stratus 50 Digital also features Telex's innovative cell phone/MP3 adapter which allows you to attach both your cell phone and MP3 player at the same time - no more switching cords! Plus you can mute both at a flick of a switch.
- Total Noise Reduction: 50 dB ANR protection. The most protection you can buy!
- Exclusive Digital Single Processing (DSP)Technology: Patented SmartSense digital ANR technology cancels harmful frequencies other headsets can't handle. Plus SmartSense learns from its environment, adjusting and canceling the harmful noises unique to your airplane. And because SmartSense looks for patterns of noise to block, mission critical, emergency noises come through clearly. Typical ANR technology would muffle them - and what you can't hear can hurt you.
- Cell Phone/Audio Adaptor: Unique dual cell phone/audio device interface. Plug both your cell phone and music in at once. No more switching cords! Plus you can mute both devices at the flick of a switch.
- Advanced Microphone Technology: Telex invented the noise-canceling microphone for use in World War II combat. Telex supplied microphones for the Mercury, Gemini and Apollo space programs and became the first aviation microphone to land on the moon. The heritage continues. The Stratus 50 Digital features a high-quality, noise-canceling electret microphone to ensure the clearest possible transmission.
- Low Profile, Adjustable Headband: Provides even distribution of weight without pressure points. Detented sliders allow you to adjust the headband for a custom fit. Plus our plush, soft headband cushion helps to eliminate hot spots.
- Impact-Resistant Headband Design: You don't need to sacrifice comfort for durability. The Stratus 50 Digital utilizes an impact-resistant headband design with stainless steel reinforced stress points for durability and light weight.
- Seal Out Sound. Seal In Comfort: New heat-sensitive, slow-recovery foam earpiece cushions form a secure, but comfortable fit - even around sun glasses. Created from a unique material, our cushions have the luxurious feel of lambskin leather but are much easier to keep clean.
- Total Control Means Superior Sound: Dual volume controls allow you to adjust each headset speaker for your unique hearing needs. Switchable stereo and mono controls ensure that you receive the best possible radio signal.
- Boom Microphone: Our flexible boom microphone enables smooth, precise adjustment. Easily converts to a left or right side orientation. Position the microphone exactly where you want it for superior transmission clarity and it stays there.
- Choose Your Power Source: Runs off four AA batteries or power the headset from the panel with the included adaptor cord.
- Auto Shut Off: Automatically senses when the headset is not in use and powers down to conserve batteries.
- Flight Bag: Stylish, durable flight bag protects your investment.
- Weight: 18 oz./510 grams.
- 5-Year Warranty: Compete limited warranty coverage for parts, labor and return shipping. Made in the USA.
Telex Aviation Headsets Crafted for pilots who share a passion for sound. Your headset is your connection to the world. Sound quality is critical to both your safety and the enjoyment of flying. In the air you need to hear and be heard. Clearly. Reliably. Consistently. For more than 50 years, Telex innovations have provided pilots with the quality communications they depend on for safe, enjoyable flying.